DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
- Bookable on Priceline. Tickets purchased from Priceline today are refundable until tomorrow at 11:29pm ET. Please see this post for directions on how to cancel these tickets.
- Also bookable on Orbitz or Expedia.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve to earn 2 or 3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free travel/medical insurance, trip/luggage delay protection, and more!
- Read more about travel to Cape Town in the South Africa Master Thread on DDF.
Newark to Cape Town valid outbound dates:
February 16, 23, 26
March 1, 8, 11
Cape Town to Newark valid outbound dates:
February 6, 10, 13, 27
March 9, 12, 19, 26
These fares are not on sale with airline miles, but you can pay for the ticket with “hybrid points” such as AMEX or Chase points with a card that allows your points to be used at an increased value for airfare in addition to be able to transfer points into airline miles.
Using Chase Points:
If you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card you can redeem points for 1.5 cents each towards travel. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Preferred you can redeem points for 1.25 cents each towards travel.
You can login to your account and redeem Chase points for travel here. The cost will be 46,142 points round-trip with a Sapphire Reserve. That rate include all taxes and you will still earn flight miles as well!
Using AMEX points:
- If you have an AMEX Business Platinum Card you can get a 35% rebate of points used on United.
- If you have an AMEX Business Gold Card you can get a 25% rebate of points used on United.
This is bookable for 69,213 AMEX points. Plus you’ll get back a rebate of 24,224 points with the Business Platinum Card or 17,303 points with the Business Gold Card, dropping the total needed to as low as 44,989 points. That includes all taxes and you can still earn miles for flying!
Join the 95K people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com! Click here to learn how to setup text message alerts (and choose which hours of the night not to bother you) and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!
HT: Leon F.