DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update: DEAD! Don’t miss it if this becomes alive again. Sign up for deal notification alerts here!
- Bookable via AMEX Travel from $478.
- Bookable on Priceline from $502. Tickets purchased from Priceline today are refundable until tomorrow at 11:29pm ET. Please see this post for directions on how to cancel these tickets.
- Also bookable on Orbitz or Expedia or direct from the airline from $502.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve to earn 2-3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, luggage insurance, trip and luggage delay protection, and more!
- View free change policies here.
- Disclaimer: The health of DansDeals readers is this website’s paramount concern. For your sake and the sake of those around you, consider staying at home while COVID-19 is still spreading or try booking for after you think COVID-19 will no longer be a threat. Remember to travel responsibly and take precautions as suggested by your local authorities to avoid spreading the virus.
In normal times, a coach ticket to Brazil costs over $1,100 and a business class ticket usually costs over $5,000.
American has fares from NYC to Rio de Janeiro on most dates from now through January 2022 for just $478-$502 round-trip in business class.
American has fares from NYC to Sao Paulo on most dates from now through January 2022 for just $504-$530 round-trip in business class.
Fares are also on sale from other select US cities.
- Brazil Master Thread on DDF
- Trip Notes Brazil Part 1: 10 Years Of Travel And Deal Blogging And A Return To Where It All Began (Published 11/23/14)
- Trip Notes Brazil Part 2: Flying “Private” To Sao Paulo With Miles (Published 2/7/16)
- Trip Notes Brazil Part 3: Iguaçu Falls (Published 4/17/16)
- Trip Notes Brazil Part 4: Rio de Janeiro (Published 5/1/16)
Using AMEX points:
- If you have an AMEX Business Platinum Card you can get a 35% rebate of points used.
- If you have an AMEX Business Gold Card you can get a 25% rebate of points used.
This is bookable for 47,755 points with AMEX. Plus you’ll get back a rebate, dropping the total needed to as low as 31,041 points. That includes all taxes and you can still earn miles for flying!
Using Chase Points:
If you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card you can redeem points for 1.5 cents each towards travel. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Preferred you can redeem points for 1.25 cents each towards travel.
You can login to your account and redeem Chase points for travel here. The cost will be 33,503 points with a Sapphire Reserve. That rate include all taxes and you will still earn flight miles as well!
Don’t miss another deal!
Signup for free text message or push notification alerts here and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!