DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
In 2017 I flew on United’s final 747 flight and it was a truly incredible experience. We were treated to scenic views and a party flight atmosphere that befitted the sending off of The Queen of the Skies. It was easily one of my favorite flights of all time.
9 years ago Mimi and I flew in first class on Qantas 747s between Hong Kong and Melbourne using the incredible AA round-the-world award chart. Since then Qantas removed first class on their 747s and AA killed their round-the-world awards.
Qantas is in the process of retiring their 747s and the final flight for the Boeing 747 “Sydney” (VH-OEF) will be on February 9th.
- You can transfer AMEX Or Citi points to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio, Barclays points at a 1.4:1 ratio, Capital One points at a 2:1.5 ratio, or Marriott points to Qantas at a 60K:25K ratio.
- You can check to see if you’re targeted for 20% bonus points on transfers.
AMEX cards with transferable Membership Rewards points to Qantas include:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- No annual fee, earns 2 points per dollar spent everywhere on up to $50K in annual spending. Rates and fees.
- AMEX Platinum Business
- $595 annual fee, earn 1.5 points per dollar on eligible $5K+ transactions, $200 in annual airline fee credits, $200 in annual Dell credits, 1 year WeWork Global Office Space, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, 35% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access. Rates and fees.
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- $295 annual fee, 25% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, earn 4 points per dollar on your most common spending categories each billing cycle. Rates and fees.
Barclays doesn’t currently offer any cards to new customers with transferable points. If you have a discontinued Arrival Premier card you can transfer points.
Capital One cards with transferable points to Qantas include:
- The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business offering 50,000 miles for spending $5,000 in 3 months and another 150,000 miles for spending another $45,000 within 6 months, for a potential signup bonus of 200,000 points+100,000 base points! Get free Global Entry/Pre-Check Membership. $95 annual fee waived for the first year.
- The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offering 50,000 miles for spending $3,000 in 3 months and 2 miles per dollar spent. Get free Global Entry/Pre-Check Membership. $95 annual fee waived for the first year.
Citi cards with transferable points to Qantas include:
- Citi Premier offering 60,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 3 points per dollar on travel and gas, and 2 points per dollar on dining and entertainment. $95 annual fee.
- Citi Prestige offering 50,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 5 points per dollar on airfare and dining, and 3 points per dollar on hotels. $495 annual fee.
- The Citi Rewards+ Card offering 15,000 points for spending $1,000 in 3 months. This card can’t transfer points on its own, but can transfer points if you have one of the Citi cards above. This card automatically rounds up rewards earned on every purchase to the nearest 10 points, meaning you earn 10 points on a $0.50 Amazon balance reload. Earn 2 points on $6K in annual spending at supermarkets, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, and a 10% points rebate when you redeem points, up to a 10K points rebate per year. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles or get a 25% added value for paid airfare, plus get a 10% points rebate on transferred or redeemed miles. No annual fee.
Marriott cards with transferable points to Qantas include:
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Consumer Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express®Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold Card
- Here is a comparison of all Marriott cards.
Will you book a seat on this flight?