DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
- Bookable on Priceline. Tickets purchased from Priceline today are refundable until 11:29pm ET on Monday, 8/26. Please see this post for directions on how to cancel these tickets.
- Also bookable on Orbitz or Expedia.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve to earn 2 or 3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free travel/medical insurance, trip/luggage delay protection, and more!
- Read more about travel to Beijing in the Beijing Master Thread on DDF.
- Read more about travel to Shanghai in the Shanghai Master Thread on DDF.
Flights have one stop in an American, Delta, or United hub.
Sample Philadelphia to Shanghai $377 dates:
October 29-November 5
November 27-December 4
January 27-February 3
April 29-May 6
Sample Philadelphia to Beijing $399 dates:
October 29-November 3
November 27-December 1
January 29-February 3
February 26-March 1
These fares are not on sale with airline miles, but you can pay for the ticket with “hybrid points” such as AMEX or Chase points with a card that allows your points to be used at an increased value for airfare in addition to be able to transfer points into airline miles.
Using Chase Points:
If you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card you can redeem points for 1.5 cents each towards travel. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Preferred you can redeem points for 1.25 cents each towards travel.
You can login to your account and redeem Chase points for travel here. The cost will be 25,155 points round-trip with a Sapphire Reserve. That rate include all taxes and you will still earn flight miles as well!
Using AMEX points:
- If you have an AMEX Business Platinum Card you can get a 35% rebate of points used on United.
- If you have an AMEX Business Gold Card you can get a 25% rebate of points used on United.
This is bookable for 37,733 AMEX points. Plus you’ll get back a rebate of 13,207 points with the Business Platinum Card or 9,433 points with the Business Gold Card, dropping the total needed to as low as 24,526 points. That includes all taxes and you can still earn miles for flying!
Join the 95K people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com! Click here to learn how to setup text message alerts (and choose which hours of the night not to bother you) and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!