Disclaimer: The health of DansDeals readers is this website’s paramount concern. For your sake and the sake of those around you, consider staying at home while COVID-19 is still spreading or try booking for after you think COVID-19 will no longer be a threat. Remember to travel responsibly and take precautions as suggested by your local authorities to avoid spreading the virus.
Please note: Puerto Rico requires a recent negative COVID-19 test to avoid quarantine. If you take a flight from PR to NY/NJ to you will be subject to a 14 day quarantine in NJ/NY until further notice.
- Bookable on Priceline. Tickets purchased from Priceline today are refundable until tomorrow at 11:29pm ET. Please see this post for directions on how to cancel these tickets.
- Also bookable on Orbitz or Expedia.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Always search one-way for 1 seat and then work the search up to the number of seats you need in order to book as many seats on sale as you can.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve to earn 2-3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, luggage insurance, trip and luggage delay protection, and more!
- View all airline free change policies here.
- United is not blocking middle seats, but you can always buy an extra seat if you want to guarantee an empty seat next to you by making the first name of the ticket EXTRASEAT with your last name. You’ll even get double your baggage allowance!
- Fares are basic economy, but having a credit card for airline cards waive many basic economy restrictions. For example, if you pay with your Chase United Explorer card or the Chase United Explorer Business Card you can bring a free carry-on, a free checked bag, and have priority boarding.
US citizens do not need a passport for travel to Puerto Rico and children under 18 do not need any ID.
United: Newark to San Juan $33 dates in bold, $41-$53 dates in plain font:
August: Entire month
September: Entire month
October: 4, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 16 through 31
November: 2 through 17
December: 2, 4, 5, 8, 31
January: Entire month
February: 1 through 9
United: San Juan to Newark $33 dates in bold, $41-$53 dates in plain font:
July 30, 31
August: 1 through 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
September: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 through 30
October: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20 through 31
November: 1 through 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18
December: 2 through 25
January: 12 through 31
February: 1 through 9
Using Chase Points:
If you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card you can redeem points for 1.5 cents each towards travel.
You can login to your account and redeem Chase points for travel here. The cost will be 2,206 points with a Sapphire Reserve. That rate include all taxes and you will still earn flight miles as well!
Don’t miss another deal!
Signup for free text message or push notification alerts here and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!