DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
- Bookable on Priceline. Tickets purchased from Priceline today are refundable until tomorrow at 11:29pm ET. Please see this post for directions on how to cancel these tickets.
- Also bookable on Orbitz, Expedia, or direct with the airline.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Always search one-way for 1 seat and then work the search up to the number of seats you need in order to book as many seats on sale as you can.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred, Ink Preferred, or Sapphire Reserve to earn 2-3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, luggage insurance, trip and luggage delay protection, and more!
- Airlines are allowing free changes on all tickets, including basic economy tickets.
- You can buy extra seats if you want to guarantee empty seats next to you by making the first name of the ticket EXTRASEAT with your last name. You’ll even get double your baggage allowance!
- Disclaimer: The health of DansDeals readers is this website’s paramount concern. For your sake and the sake of those around you, consider staying at home while COVID-19 is still spreading or try booking for after you think COVID-19 will no longer be a threat. Remember to travel responsibly and take precautions as suggested by your local authorities to avoid spreading the virus.
Delta, JetBlue and United have $72-$73 fares available between NYC and Los Angeles or San Francisco.
United’s fares are available in standard economy!
United has pushed off their JFK launch to March 28th. I’d guess that will be further delayed, in which case you would have the option of a refund or rebooking from Newark.
Available dates: These fares are available for $72 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from March 21 through May 26. Other dates of the week are available for $98 (or $85 via AMEX Travel with select cards).
Using Chase Points:
If you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card you can redeem points for 1.5 cents each towards travel. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Preferred you can redeem points for 1.25 cents each towards travel.
You can login to your account and redeem Chase points for travel here. The cost will be 4,826 points with a Sapphire Reserve. That rate include all taxes and you will still earn flight miles as well!
Using AMEX points:
- If you have an AMEX Business Platinum Card you can get a 35% rebate of points used.
- If you have an AMEX Business Gold Card you can get a 25% rebate of points used.
- Registration is not required for business class fares.
This is bookable for 7,240 points with AMEX in coach. Plus you’ll get back a 35% rebate with the Business Platinum Card or a 25% rebate with the Business Gold Card, dropping the total needed to as low as 4,706 points. That includes all taxes and you can still earn miles for flying!
Don’t miss another deal!
Signup for free text message or push notification alerts here and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!