Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014, 7:40 pm
-Click here to view Direct Flights From NYC That Can Be Booked With British Airways Avios
-Click here to view Direct Flights From Chicago That Can Be Booked With British Airways Avios
-Click here to view Direct Flights From Los Angeles That Can Be Booked With British Airways Avios
-Click here to view Direct Flights From Miami That Can Be Booked With British Airways Avios
–Find more articles like this by clicking on the “Mileage Posts” tab on top of the DansDeals banner at the top of this site.
British Airways Avios can’t be beat for short-haul nonstop flights thanks to ultra-low award rates, no expedite/close-in fees, and practically free award cancellations. Below are all of the direct flights from Philadelphia that can be booked with Avios.
Be sure to read the British Airways knowledgebase for everything you NEED to know about the BA program and how to best search for BA award availability with tips like always booking one-way awards. If you have a question it’s probably already been answered there!
1. Rates in the chart are for one-way flights.
2. Routes that display the airline in bold are subject to fuel surcharges.
3. There are no fuel surcharges for flights on: Aer Lingus, Air Berlin, Alaska, LAN, and USAirways. There are also no fuel surcharges for American flights within the western hemisphere and for Qantas flights within Austrlia. Fuel surcharges for intra-Europe flights are also typically quite low. Fuel surcharges for travel on Cathay Pacific aren’t too bad while fuel surcharges to fly on British Airways borders on the criminal.
4. In the charts below I’ve only included direct flights as BA charges Avios for each flight segment. For example Maui isn’t on the chart as BA does not have any partners that fly nonstop from Philadelphia-Maui. Though you can always fly to Maui via Los Angeles, S. Diego, or Seattle, for 12.5K for the PHL-west coast segment and 12.5K for the West coast-Maui segment with no fuel surcharges. Plus you can stopover in the connecting city for as long or short as you want.
5. BA.com does not display availability for all airlines! If you want to book travel on airlines like Alaska, Aer Lingus, and LAN you’ll need to pick up the phone and call BA! You can search Alaska award availability on AA.com before calling BA to book it.
6. In rare cases connecting flights can be cheaper than nonstop flights when using Avios and I’ve noted that in the chart.
7. Cities in the chart may only have seasonal nonstop service.
8. A dash means that class of service isn’t offered on that route.
9. If you are originating in NYC and don’t want to drive to PHL to pickup a flight you’ll probably be better off searching for and booking the NYC-PHL leg for 4.5K separately from the PHL-XYZ leg.
Want to pickup Avios? You’re in luck as you can transfer points from all over the place to BA.
-The Chase British Airways Visa Signature offers 50,000 Avios for spending $2K.
-The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express awards 25K signup pointswith no fee for the first year. 20K Starpoints can transfer into 25K Avios with the permanent 25% transfer bonus.
-American Express Membership Rewards points can be earned from cards like the American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card and the and The Platinum Card® from American Express.
These points can transfer instantly 1:1 to Avios and typically several times per year there are bonuses that range from 20%-50% to transfer points to BA.
-Chase Ultimate Rewards points are earned from consumer cards like Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Non-Preferred, Chase Freedom and business cards like Chase Ink Plus, Chase Ink Bold, or Chase Ink Cash. These points also can transfer instantly 1:1 to Avios.
View the complete 123 route chart after the jump: