Author Topic: Citi AA Executive  (Read 6142 times)

Offline sammy-in-ny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Citi AA Executive
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:53:40 AM »
I bit the bullet and applied for the Citi Executive card yesterday, 3BM with AA Visa and AA Amex.
I got instantly approved for the new Exec card, but "we'll notify you" for both of the others. I've previously had the personal cards, so maybe I'll get a decline based on that... we'll see.

I think I'll switch all my spending from SPG Amex to Citi Exec through 2012 to help accrue more lifetime AA miles. I didn't think much about the $450 annual fee... I'm sure if I really thought about it, it wouldn't be worth it (already have lounge access from Amex Plat, which I didn't cancel yet), so I'm avoiding thinking about it :)

I'm also thinking of investing $10k in either TD Ameritrade or BankDirect... need to figure out how many miles I'd get by Dec 1... I think TD Ameritrade wins (7500 now, 7500 after 6-9 mos [obv doesn't help lifetime accrual]).

Offline easy48

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Citi AA Executive
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »
Will bank direct miles not count toward lifetime anymore either?

Offline sammy-in-ny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 07:27:08 PM »
Will bank direct miles not count toward lifetime anymore either?

Only those that transfer by 11/30

Offline sammy-in-ny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 12:53:54 PM »
I bit the bullet and applied for the Citi Executive card yesterday, 3BM with AA Visa and AA Amex.
I got instantly approved for the new Exec card, but "we'll notify you" for both of the others. I've previously had the personal cards, so maybe I'll get a decline based on that... we'll see.

Got denial emails for both the personal Visa and Amex:

Quote from: CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Card Credit Operations Department
Unfortunately, we are unable to approve the application at this time because:
  o   You have submitted multiple applications for credit.

I called the Credit Dept as listed in the sticky post but was told there was nothing they could do. The rep said that the system automatically flagged it because multiple applications were submitted at the same time.

But that can't be true, if everyone on DDF uses the 3BM, right?

What are my next steps here? Should I call back and speak to a different agent? Should I write a letter to Ken Stork? Should I assume there's nothing I can do now and reapply after 60 days?