Author Topic: Denied for AMEX Plat - "You participated in too many bonus offers this year"  (Read 2276 times)

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Over the past 6 months, I have opened and closed three AMEX Platinum cards under the 50k bonus offer after spending $1,000 with a 30-day wait period between each account closure and new app.

When the 100k bonus came out, I waited 60 days, applied for the fourth time, got denied, called recon and was denied again.  I called back and my app was deferred to an higher level recon division who firmly advised me that I've already "participated in too many bonus offers this year."

What to do?  Lay low with amex for awhile?  Just lay low on the plat and go for a gold premier rewards?  It seems as if my account has been flagged or something close to it.

Any/all input is appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Can't you ask Amex if you can apply for the gold ones?

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Of course I "can"

Wanted to check in with the pros before I make my move

Offline 3ZeroT

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report.  I'm sure others including perhaps myself will find themselves in the same situation eventually.  After all AMEX is out to make money and has no intention of enriching lives with endless pots of MR bonuses.  At some point the game is up.  Best case you have to switch to the gold card bonus as you said, or if that doesn't work perhaps closing all your MR based cards to generate a 'fresh' MR account may reset things.  And if that doesn't work perhaps you have to simply wait til next year.  But that really isn't so bad either.  There are worst case scenarios such as you push them to blacklist you permanently or sever all relationship with you, as other banks like Citi and Chase have been known to do to unprofitable customers exploiting accounts as they were not intended.   Perhaps leaving the game awhile with your 150k points and laying low to play another day isn't a bad option either.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Perhaps leaving the game awhile with your 150k points and laying low to play another day isn't a bad option either.

+1
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Lay low with Amex for a while (i would say at least 6 months)

If your addicted to churning though, just keep opening the great cards from chase/AA  :)

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Lay low with Amex for a while (i would say at least 6 months)

If your addicted to churning though, just keep opening the great cards from chase/AA  :)

Personal and business?

Thanks

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Personal and business?

I'd say yes, but you're welcome to try.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)