Author Topic: hyatt's new promo is out  (Read 4682 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
hyatt's new promo is out
« on: March 07, 2011, 06:53:34 PM »
"Hyatt Gold Passport is excited to announce that the next global campaign will run 01APR11 through 30JUN11. Members can earn 10,000 HGP bonus points after their first 5 eligible nights and then 5,000 bonus points for every 2 nights after that. Members can earn up to 25 nights (maximum of 60,000 bonus points).Starting on 3/31"

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: hyatt's new promo is out
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 06:57:37 PM »
We want FFN!!!

For those interested in this promo, note that registration is required.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 07:05:03 PM »
Yawn.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »
I guess the park hyatt in paris will not have that many kosher breakfast orders this summer!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 07:26:48 PM »
I guess the park hyatt in paris will not have that many kosher breakfast orders this summer!
My guess is that they don't want FFN's to overshadow the signup bonus of the new Hyatt credit card.
Of course the real benefit of the card besides the 2 free nights is the platinum status for non-elites, the 2 suite upgrades on paid stays for plats, and the 2 award nights in a suite for diamonds.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 07:32:49 PM »
My guess is that they don't want FFN's to overshadow the signup bonus of the new Hyatt credit card.
Of course the real benefit of the card besides the 2 free nights is the platinum status for non-elites, the 2 suite upgrades on paid stays for plats, and the 2 award nights in a suite for diamonds.

I know I've asked this before: Will the platinum status for non elite spill over to the additional cardholders?

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 07:33:05 PM »
or the economy is better, higher capacity which means FFN's are a thing of the past

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 07:39:16 PM »
I know I've asked this before: Will the platinum status for non elite spill over to the additional cardholders?
No idea.

or the economy is better, higher capacity which means FFN's are a thing of the past
Hyatt ran FFN every year or twice a year from 2001-2010.  I love how everyone on FT and the rest of the interwebs is giving up on them because it's already 2 months into 2011 and no FFN has been announced.

Hyatt has said when the card launched they wanted people to get their credit card instead of running FFN.  I think the lack of FFN's is to get people to get their free night fix that way.  After all most people don't collect dozens of FFNs like we do.

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »
Hyatt ran FFN every year or twice a year from 2001-2010.  I love how everyone on FT and the rest of the interwebs is giving up on them because it's already 2 months into 2011 and no FFN has been announced.

Hyatt has said when the card launched they wanted people to get their credit card instead of running FFN.  I think the lack of FFN's is to get people to get their free night fix that way.  After all most people don't collect dozens of FFNs like we do.
lets hope youre right

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 07:49:40 PM »

If it's churnable you can get dozens that way too...
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »
If it's churnable you can get dozens that way too...
True, true.

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 08:33:43 PM »
did anybody try to churn it yet?

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »
i know i could prob look and find the answer, but being lazy... do the free nights that come with the cc have an expiration?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
i know i could prob look and find the answer, but being lazy... do the free nights that come with the cc have an expiration?
1 year from when you make your first purchase on the Hyatt card.  They expire at the end of the month, so 12-13 months from first purchase.

Apparently you can cancel the card within 30 days get a refund of the $75 fee and still keep the nights.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 09:00:58 AM »
Yawn.
I was actually yawning when I read your post. Coincidence? I think not.
-Eli

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 10:07:55 AM »
"Hyatt Gold Passport is excited to announce that the next global campaign will run 01APR11 through 30JUN11. Members can earn 10,000 HGP bonus points after their first 5 eligible nights and then 5,000 bonus points for every 2 nights after that. Members can earn up to 25 nights (maximum of 60,000 bonus points).Starting on 3/31"
Just announced: Hyatt Visa cardholders will get 15K bonus after 5 stays instead of 10K.

I wonder if they would make an FFN only for Hyatt Visa cardholders?  In the old days FFN was actually only good with a Mastercard.