Author Topic: Blacklisted by Chase Help  (Read 15088 times)

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
Blacklisted by Chase Help
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:41:14 AM »
Even though Chase closed down all my credit cards about a 1 1/2 years ago, I thought that perhaps as the credit crunch is easing and with the time passed, I'll give it another shot and I applied for the Continental OnePass Plus MasterCard. Well, I was denied again. But what surprised me most was the letter I got in the mail today from them:
The reasons for our decision are as follows: Previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank

Now what can they possibly want from me? I never paid them late once. I gave them plenty of business. When they initially closed down my CC's the main reason I was told was that I had too much overall credit compared to income. It's one thing to deny credit, but to tell me that I had an unsatisfactory relationship? There has to be a way to get to the bottom of this, especially since so many airlines are partnering with Chase. I know a number of people have been blacklisted by Chase and would love to hear if and how anyone got out of this as well as anyone's suggestions.

I still have bank accounts with them and get the CO promo miles.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
Re: Blacklisted by Chase Help
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:20:35 AM »
There was some talk on this site about going to a bank manager for a referral.
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 09:53:35 AM »
+1. There is some kind of form called the "special consideration form" or something like that. If you have over 10k with chase, they can push a card approval through. I can confirm this works. I had applied for too many chase cards and got denied. A personal banker was able to get it through for me...

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 12:21:25 PM »
+1. There is some kind of form called the "special consideration form" or something like that. If you have over 10k with chase, they can push a card approval through. I can confirm this works. I had applied for too many chase cards and got denied. A personal banker was able to get it through for me...

Is the "special consideration form", and 10k thing the same or two separate ways to go about it?

When I was in the bank last month to set up my CO biz account, I complained to the banker about the whole credit denial thing. He mentioned later on that it would be a good idea to have 2k in the bank by the end of the first month (Oct.) if you want to get any courtesies from them like waiving a fee etc.. He said they are not really supposed to tell me this. I suppose 10k would get me farther the 2k except I don't have the 10k laying around.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 01:54:28 PM by Avid Reader »

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 12:24:03 PM »
Is the "special consideration form", and 10k thing the same or two separate ways to go about it?

Yep. same thing. The banker i spoke to said i should bring in 10k and he would take care of me...i moved some money around and got the card a few days later (had to reduce some other credit lines, but no biggy)

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »
Yep. same thing. The banker i spoke to said i should bring in 10k and he would take care of me...i moved some money around and got the card a few days later (had to reduce some other credit lines, but no biggy)

You keep the money there till you get the card?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 12:44:33 PM »
You keep the money there till you get the card?

Nope, he told me i can take it out once he had confirmed with the credit dept that it was approved. I would discuss it with a banker, which im not, and see what he says before borrowing or minting coins to get the 10k (if you dont have it readily available)

Offline daganster

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »
I had 4 CC closed by Chase a few months ago.So, I spoke to bank manager today and I told her about this 10K thing, and she told me that she hasn't heard of anything like that.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 03:02:40 PM »
Just spoke to my Banker today and he said it works... though I'm still not sure even if he manages to push through one application if that will fix my credit issue at chase for future cards.

Offline mancunian

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 03:08:37 PM »
so let me get this clear -

any time i apply for a chase card i can just make sure to have 10k in the bank and ask the manager/banker nicely to push it through? and thats at which stage in the app process, before, during consideration or after denial?

sounds great! too good to be true

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 03:11:49 PM »

any time i apply for a chase card i can just make sure to have 10k in the bank and ask the manager/banker nicely to push it through? and thats at which stage in the app process, before, during consideration or after denial?

It does depend on other factors too. He told me clearly there's no guaranty, but the only way they could possibly put in a special consideration request is if you have 10k inside.

Offline deals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »
It does depend on other factors too. He told me clearly there's no guaranty, but the only way they could possibly put in a special consideration request is if you have 10k inside.

but if you just put in and than take out what does it help?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 04:19:37 PM »

It does work. At least if did for me. I put in what was needed to complete the 10k and was able to take it out the same day (after he told me it was approved).

There definitely are other factors as well, as someone else just got denied even after going through the process.

The way i did it was after denial, spoke to a manger, moved some $ around, he submitted the form, moved the $ out, got the card...

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 12:18:41 PM »
Well, I got the 10K in there and my Chase rep filed the request, but still got denied by the Chase high ups for reasons unbeknown to me. I'm waiting for the letter that is supposedly going to explain what kind of "unsatisfactory relationship" I had with Chase, though I'm sure it's all bureaucracy and the reason will be purely technical (income, credit inquires, usage etc). We'll see what comes of this.

In the meantime, suggestions are welcome.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »
I can confirm my banker told me that if I throw in $10K he can get me approved for the card and I can take it right out.
-Eli

Offline shmiel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »
I can confirm my banker told me that if I throw in $10K he can get me approved for the card and I can take it right out.
+1. Same here. I should note than $10K doesn't mean that you need to immediately come up with $10K, an auto loan (or, I think, any secured loan) with at least $10K financed is good enough.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 03:07:43 PM »
+1. Same here. I should note than $10K doesn't mean that you need to immediately come up with $10K, an auto loan (or, I think, any secured loan) with at least $10K financed is good enough.

I can confirm that is not the case. I have my mortgage with chase with alot more than 10k owed. i had to have 10k in balances throughout my checking/savings accounts etc...

Offline shmiel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 01:36:30 AM »
I can confirm that is not the case. I have my mortgage with chase with alot more than 10k owed. i had to have 10k in balances throughout my checking/savings accounts etc...
Maybe mortgages and auto loans are viewed differently by chase. I have a $14000 auto loan with chase which was more than enough to get the banker to fill out the recommendation form or whatever it was to get me approved.

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »
what if i have 10k cc debt?
:)

Offline deals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile