Author Topic: LAN Website- Price Mistake Deal  (Read 20249 times)

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
LAN Website- Price Mistake Deal
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:56:17 PM »
When Dan originally posted this deal, I purchased a RT ticket from JFK to TLV on British for a trip in Feb 2009 for $714. Since then, my credit card has been charged.

I rechecked just now and the same ticket is now pricing at $617!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about saving myself this (almost) $100?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: LAN Website- Price Mistake Deal
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 01:22:19 AM »
What dates are pricing at $617?
Did you book the original trip as a RT or as a multi-city?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 11:07:21 AM »
What dates are pricing at $617?
Did you book the original trip as a RT or as a multi-city?
2/11/09- 2/18/09.
I booked it as a RT, and now I am pricing it as RT.
Same exact itinerary; All flights on British.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:11:45 AM by CharlesLight.com »
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline est

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 04:04:40 PM »
I've been trying and trying but cant seem to get anything under $1000 except when I put in the exact trial date that Dan gave. I'm trying to go from JFK to TLV and back from about August 11 until August 27 or 28. I see it worked for you in Feb, but does anyone know if theres any deals around these dates - or am I doing something wrong?? HELP!

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 04:16:25 PM »
im trying to book a ticket from ny to tlv from october 08 (anytime from the 26th to the 29th) to march 09 (from the 25th to the 30th) but all i get is "The fare you have selected is no longer available for your chosen flight. We have no effected any charge via the provided form of payment. Please return to the purchase process to select another flight or fare" ive tried to do a multi city but it didnt help.does anybody have any other ideas?

Offline yada

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 12:03:52 AM »
im trying to book a ticket from ny to tlv from october 08 (anytime from the 26th to the 29th) to march 09 (from the 25th to the 30th) but all i get is "The fare you have selected is no longer available for your chosen flight. We have no effected any charge via the provided form of payment. Please return to the purchase process to select another flight or fare" ive tried to do a multi city but it didnt help.does anybody have any other ideas?

Moish I found that you get that message whenever you try 'hard-to-book' dates.  I tired for 2 days straight to book for Yom Tov with that error message.  It evne lets you put in your cc info.  I finallyu booked other (less popular) dates without an issue. 

Offline yada

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 12:05:10 AM »
When Dan originally posted this deal, I purchased a RT ticket from JFK to TLV on British for a trip in Feb 2009 for $714. Since then, my credit card has been charged.

I rechecked just now and the same ticket is now pricing at $617!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about saving myself this (almost) $100?

I don't want to know.  I'm not going to see if my dates went down... also going in the winter.

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 02:10:02 AM »
i booked myself a ticket from tel aviv to italy this summer on alitalia and i thought it went through and i got an email with a booking code and the following message "Your tickets are being issued. You will receive an e-mail notification as soon as your tickets are ready. Thank you for buying at LAN.com" its been about 10 hours now and received nothing new. did anyone else get this?

levi

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 02:37:33 AM »
i booked myself a ticket from tel aviv to italy this summer on alitalia and i thought it went through and i got an email with a booking code and the following message "Your tickets are being issued. You will receive an e-mail notification as soon as your tickets are ready. Thank you for buying at LAN.com" its been about 10 hours now and received nothing new. did anyone else get this?
your tickets are probably still in the Q which mean in the process of being e ticketed I've had times that it took up to 24hrs you can try calling them and have them send it out again to be e ticketed

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 08:46:16 AM »
your tickets are probably still in the Q which mean in the process of being e ticketed I've had times that it took up to 24hrs you can try calling them and have them send it out again to be e ticketed
i hope youre right im holding my breath here hoping theyre not going to cancel them due to the mistake before they get ticketed!  also does the 24 hour period to cancel start when they finally ticket me or from when i made the reservation?

levi

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 10:30:41 AM »
also does the 24 hour period to cancel start when they finally ticket me or from when i made the reservation?
I know by Continental the 24 hour period starts from when you originally make the reservation

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »
I know by Continental the 24 hour period starts from when you originally make the reservation
if so im kinda up a creek  i have to put an infant on the reservation and they told me i have to wait until after its ticketed. now if they ticket it after 24 hours from the time of the reservation, and i have a problem booking my infant, im royally screwed

levi

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 10:50:12 AM »
if so im kinda up a creek  i have to put an infant on the reservation and they told me i have to wait until after its ticketed. now if they ticket it after 24 hours from the time of the reservation, and i have a problem booking my infant, im royally screwed
ask them to run it through the Q again, I belive you will have to give them your cc info again. This has happened to me before with Continental and the second time around it ticketed just after a couple of minutes

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »
whats th q? continental at lan.com?

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 01:11:34 PM »

I was getting "The fare you have selected is not available" when i tried booking each way with a different airline. Make sure it's the same airline both ways. You will get the best price that way anyways.
-Eli

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 01:12:24 PM »
whats th q? continental at lan.com?

Levi means "Queue" which is a line. When you book a ticket it goes into a queue which then gets assigned by FIFO (first in, first out) in the order in which the ticket was purchased.
-Eli

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 01:31:38 PM »
I was getting "The fare you have selected is not available" when i tried booking each way with a different airline. Make sure it's the same airline both ways. You will get the best price that way anyways.
i did! i went with british airways for all segments but it aint workin

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 01:36:09 PM »
Levi means "Queue" which is a line. When you book a ticket it goes into a queue which then gets assigned by FIFO (first in, first out) in the order in which the ticket was purchased.
thats what i thought but if thats the case how would it make it better if i told them to redo the q? shouldnt it make it worse because then i would be last again? anyways its been over 24 hours and ive got no ticket is there any hope it will go thru? they told me the credit card went thru theyre just waiting for the issuing of the ticket.

levi

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 01:40:23 PM »
thats what i thought but if thats the case how would it make it better if i told them to redo the q? shouldnt it make it worse because then i would be last again? anyways its been over 24 hours and ive got no ticket is there any hope it will go thru? they told me the credit card went thru theyre just waiting for the issuing of the ticket.
Like I said before I had the same problem yesterday with a continental reservation and when they put it through the Q again it ticketed right away

Offline shemaya770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 02:41:54 PM »
Is it possible to book a ticket at the beginning of September and come back some time at the end of the year (June/July), for a cheap  price?