Author Topic: continental chase checking  (Read 107671 times)

Offline sarah

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
continental chase checking
« on: December 29, 2009, 02:59:53 PM »
Hi, Just opened a continental chase checking account and business acount for 50,000 miles combined. Do you think I can do it again next week as we will be in 2010? 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: continental chase checking
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 03:04:13 PM »
It seems like you should be able to.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline sarah

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 03:06:11 PM »
Thanks Dan! Ur the Man!

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 03:29:41 PM »
Hi, Just opened a continental chase checking account and business acount for 50,000 miles combined. Do you think I can do it again next week as we will be in 2010? 

Never did the Biz 1, did they ask you for any papers proving such a Biz exists?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 03:43:18 PM »

Never did the Biz 1, did they ask you for any papers proving such a Biz exists?
Nope, just say its a sole proprietorship selling xxx on ebay.  
The business account has a $65 fee though (with 1 mile per dollar) as opposed to $25 for the consumer account. (with 1 mile per 2 dollars)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 03:53:59 PM »
Nope, just say its a sole proprietorship selling xxx on ebay. 
The business account has a $65 fee though (with 1 mile per dollar) as opposed to $25 for the consumer account. (with 1 mile per 2 dollars)

Thanks its nice to know there are still things out there I need to learn  , keeps my feet on the Ground and my ego uninflated (so I hope)

I take it with the fee you are talking about the cost of the Debit card

I got my 22,500 from my 11/20 acct opening on 12/7 waiting for the 2500 from CO to post and then close the thing down. You should see the look on the gas station attendants face when I have to go in for a receipt and he sees its $1. i think they lose on that , thats why some staions will take a CC for $10 min. when I asked for $5 and they didnt tell me cash only, they ended up putting it thru for $10 and giving me $5 cash to make up for it. That way their boss wont get ticked at them

Or at a supermarket I put 1 item thru on its own the cheapest so that I can get full miles on the more expensive stuff

Offline sarah

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 04:01:24 PM »
No they were really great about opening a biz one.  So they said you'd like to do sole proprietor b/c then you dont need any proof of info... as if they knew I had a phony biz goin!

Offline sarah

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 04:02:36 PM »
One more thing... with the biz you only have to do one transaction! (not 5)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 04:05:33 PM »
Thanks its nice to know there are still things out there I need to learn  , keeps my feet on the Ground and my ego uninflated (so I hope)

I take it with the fee you are talking about the cost of the Debit card

I got my 22,500 from my 11/20 acct opening on 12/7 waiting for the 2500 from CO to post and then close the thing down. You should see the look on the gas station attendants face when I have to go in for a receipt and he sees its $1. i think they lose on that , thats why some staions will take a CC for $10 min. when I asked for $5 and they didnt tell me cash only, they ended up putting it thru for $10 and giving me $5 cash to make up for it. That way their boss wont get ticked at them

Or at a supermarket I put 1 item thru on its own the cheapest so that I can get full miles on the more expensive stuff
Yup, that's the fee for the debit card.

I go to Sams club and make 5 quick transaction for .02-.04 of gas, depends on how quick my reflexes are on the given day.  Still haven't been able to pump just a penny though.

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 04:11:09 PM »
Yup, that's the fee for the debit card.

I go to Sams club and make 5 quick transaction for .02-.04 of gas, depends on how quick my reflexes are on the given day.  Still haven't been able to pump just a penny though.

You could always give a .01 donation to your organization of choice (or more)- this way it's a mitzvah as well.
That's what I do..

I signed up for the chase accounts online using the coupon code (they said it should work). Are you sure you are eligible for both the consumer and business acounts if you use your social on both. A chase rep once told me they keep track of your promos by your social. Should I risk the $65? How you guys done this before?

Offline deals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 04:15:16 PM »
you could open one every year i think that on the old coupon (exp. dec.31)it says  you have to keep open the account for 6 months will all check it out and keep every one updated
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:28:46 PM by deals »

Offline sarah

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 04:20:11 PM »
where did you see those 2 statements? can you post the link....  I didnt see it anywhere and I read all the fine print.

Offline Devorah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »
You could always give a .01 donation to your organization of choice (or more)- this way it's a mitzvah as well.
That's what I do..

For the record, if you give a .01 donation, you are costing the org. much more than that in cc fees.  So maybe not such a mitzvah...

Offline deals

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 04:30:52 PM »
just go to any store and take the cheapest item that you buy and asked them to make it as a seperate transacyion i always do it in shoprite

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 04:59:06 PM »

That's what I do..

For the record, if you give a .01 donation, you are costing the org. much more than that in cc fees.  So maybe not such a mitzvah...

I usually give alot more and transfer from my maaser account- many orgs just pay a % without a per transaction fee- but if not, I guess you are right. So maybe it's a good idea to give .01 to Hamas or some other organization you don't care for

Offline mordys

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 05:29:53 PM »

I got my 22,500 from my 11/20 acct opening on 12/7 waiting for the 2500 from CO to post and then close the thing down.

I've been told that they will pull the miles if you close the account prior to six months.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 05:31:07 PM »
I usually give alot more and transfer from my maaser account- many orgs just pay a % without a per transaction fee- but if not, I guess you are right. So maybe it's a good idea to give .01 to Hamas or some other organization you don't care for
I know you are joking, but obviously giving money to them would be a great way to sign yourself up for a strip search before boarding your next flight.

Anyway with credit card processing the receiver can't lose money on the transaction, at worst they just wont get anything.  Where did you find that they take $.01 donations though?

Are you sure you are eligible for both the consumer and business acounts if you use your social on both. A chase rep once told me they keep track of your promos by your social. Should I risk the $65? How you guys done this before?
Yes, you can get the bonus once per year per account type.

you could open one every year i think that on the old coupon (exp. dec.31)it says  you have to keep open the account for 6 months will all check it out and keep every one updated
You can close it before 6 months, but they'll charge you $25 I believe.

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 06:02:44 PM »
I was joking- I didn't look at Hamas, but many orgs let you donate any amount- just enter it online in the box. Many will have a $1 minimum, but some let you donate even a cent.

OK, so I guess I'll apply for the business before Dec 31st... and again a few months later.

Anyone ever try to open the accounts online. When I did it last time they don't give you a space to enter your OnePass number and instead create a new account each time. I can always combine them but it's a pain.

Offline deals

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 07:37:39 PM »
i opened online just go to continental.com sign in than go to news and offers go to the chase offer and continue the application
(thats what i did i hope its ok)

Offline deals

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 08:48:19 PM »
ok i opened one account in the bank and on the papers that i got from the bank it clearly says in the fine prints that the account has to stay
                !!!!!! OPEN FOR 6 MONTHS !!!!!!!!!

SO WATCH OUT !!!