Author Topic: Jawbone Headset (and version 2)  (Read 14830 times)

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
Jawbone Headset (and version 2)
« on: May 29, 2008, 02:06:40 PM »
I have the Jawbone version 1 and I'm very happy. Great battery life and excellent call quality. People are able to hear me with a lot of background noise (they can't hear the background noise) but I have to talk loud. For example in the airport I didn't want to scream because I was walking amongst a lot of people, but then the person on the phone couldn't hear me (he wouldn't hear the background noise either which was nice). Another thing is that it barely cancels out wind noise in my experience.

I'm getting the Jawbone 2 in a few days. Does anyone have it now that can comment on it?
-Eli

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Jawbone Headset (and version 2)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »
I've read that Jawbone's have had some quality-control issues, have you had any problems?

Personally I'm quite partial to the expensive but excellent Sony Ericsson IV840.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:04:01 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 02:16:01 PM »
I've read that Jawbone's have had some quality issues, have you had any problems?

Sound Quality? I don't think so. It's pretty much rock solid. Again, certain types of background noise can cause others not to hear you, but otherwise I'm very happy with the Jawbone.
-Eli

levi

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 02:19:55 PM »
I had the jawbone 1 and i was very happy with it exept the peice that goes over your ear cracked a couple of times other than that no complaints the battery life was great and my phone call were very clear
Now I have the Jawbone  2 very nice and comfortable although the battery life is not the same, I would say half. And it seems that my conversations are not as clear still not sure if I'm going to keep it

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 05:40:53 PM »
I gave up on BlueTooth since I've either broken or lost over 10 of them  :(

I returned the JawBone 1 the day after I got it, the sound quality was great, but the build quality was terrible. The ear hook broke right away, and the rubber part of the headset got stuck in the charger.

Maybe I didn't know how to use it...
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Yitzter

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 05:57:50 PM »
I am currently using the jawbone 1, I bought the jawbone 2 and hated it.

Granted it was lighter and smaller, but that must have really screwed up something because the the sound was very tinny and low. And people couldn't hear me well. I sent it back and now I am still using the first one, which in my opinion has the best sound quality and great speaker with the best battery life.

Cheers.
"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things

levi

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 06:04:09 PM »
I am currently using the jawbone 1, I bought the jawbone 2 and hated it.

Granted it was lighter and smaller, but that must have really screwed up something because the the sound was very tinny and low. And people couldn't hear me well. I sent it back and now I am still using the first one, which in my opinion has the best sound quality and great speaker with the best battery life.

Cheers.
I'm with you on that looks like I'm going to send mine back too and go with the Jawbone 1

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 06:41:10 PM »
I'm with you on that looks like I'm going to send mine back too and go with the Jawbone 1

You are also having problems with the jawbone 2? I seriously think they should recall them. I want quality, not looks. The old one is a bit big, but nothing beats being able to walk 20 ft away from the phone and still being able to hear crystal clear.
"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things

levi

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 11:26:56 PM »
Thats it i had enough of people saying they cant hear me! I just switched back to the jawbone 1

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 02:22:59 AM »
Good going man. Hooray for the jawbone 1.

levi

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 12:41:58 AM »
I am officialy done with the Jawbone 2 and back to the Jawbone 1
In my opinion they should have a recall on them, yes it is smaller and looks nicer but everyone i spoke to on it at one point during the conversation was complaining thet they couldnt hear me and on the other hand there were times that i couldnt hear them also the battery is not that great didnt even give me a full day of talking. anyone else have an issue with the Jawbone 2?

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 05:28:57 AM »
I am officialy done with the Jawbone 2 and back to the Jawbone 1
In my opinion they should have a recall on them, yes it is smaller and looks nicer but everyone i spoke to on it at one point during the conversation was complaining thet they couldnt hear me and on the other hand there were times that i couldnt hear them also the battery is not that great didnt even give me a full day of talking. anyone else have an issue with the Jawbone 2?

Ummm, did you read the posts at all? I had the same problem and returned it immediately, they told me I'd have to pay for return shipping, so I said that it was DOA and they paid for the shipping.

There was no way in hell I was going to pay to send that crap back!

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 06:16:50 PM »
I was in a Cingular store today (returning my POS BlackJack II) and I mentioned to the clerk that my friends had the Jawbone 2 and hated it. He's like "No way, it's the best headset I love it". I asked him what other ones he used and he said "the jawbone 1, the H721, the H12.." and he then swore that each one was the best. Sounds more like a "jerk" than a "clerk". Just trying to make a sale.
-Eli

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »
I was in a Cingular store today (returning my POS BlackJack II) and I mentioned to the clerk that my friends had the Jawbone 2 and hated it. He's like "No way, it's the best headset I love it". I asked him what other ones he used and he said "the jawbone 1, the H721, the H12.." and he then swore that each one was the best. Sounds more like a "jerk" than a "clerk". Just trying to make a sale.
Kind of know the feeling huh, never ask a store clerk if one of the items in the store are any good. It's futile.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 06:16:23 PM »
The deal with the jawbone 2 is very simple. Just like the Jawbone 1, there is a little rubber piece which sticks out from the bottom half of the headset. When that piece is touching your cheek, the headset will work wonderfully. When that piece is not touching your cheek, you will sound like you are standing 10 feet away from your phone. That is the point of the headset. So maybe when you guys were having issues it was because the headset was too loose on your ear and that piece kept moving away from your cheek. Bottom line is, I have a friend who bought the headset and for the first day it was horrible, but once he learned how to make sure it's always touching his cheek, the headset has been working fine.
-Eli

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 06:50:58 AM »
The deal with the jawbone 2 is very simple. Just like the Jawbone 1, there is a little rubber piece which sticks out from the bottom half of the headset. When that piece is touching your cheek, the headset will work wonderfully. When that piece is not touching your cheek, you will sound like you are standing 10 feet away from your phone. That is the point of the headset. So maybe when you guys were having issues it was because the headset was too loose on your ear and that piece kept moving away from your cheek. Bottom line is, I have a friend who bought the headset and for the first day it was horrible, but once he learned how to make sure it's always touching his cheek, the headset has been working fine.
It has nothing to do with people hearing me. The problem is that the speaker is extremely crappy. It's got a high pitched and tinny sound. I've been using the jawbone 1 for about a year now, and I know where to position the rubber piece.

Have you tried the headset? you should, you will see exactly what I am talking about.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 03:53:08 PM »
It has nothing to do with people hearing me. The problem is that the speaker is extremely crappy. It's got a high pitched and tinny sound. I've been using the jawbone 1 for about a year now, and I know where to position the rubber piece.

Have you tried the headset? you should, you will see exactly what I am talking about.

I own version 1 now and I do get that sometimes but it's only when the Jawbone is on the highest volume. As you know, depending on the surrounding noise at the start of the call is what the volume is set on. Did you try lowering the volume? (Now that I read my post I realized that's a dumb question - of course you tried lowering the volume. But I can't imagine it's a high pitched sound with the volume on low or medium.)
-Eli

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 04:50:32 AM »
I own version 1 now and I do get that sometimes but it's only when the Jawbone is on the highest volume. As you know, depending on the surrounding noise at the start of the call is what the volume is set on. Did you try lowering the volume? (Now that I read my post I realized that's a dumb question - of course you tried lowering the volume. But I can't imagine it's a high pitched sound with the volume on low or medium.)
Yes, I tried lowering the volume, but being that it's a crappy speaker, when it's on low, you seriously can't hear anything. If someone has it and it's working for them, then good for them, but I had a crappy experience with it and won't use it. Simple.

Offline ash

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 02:51:35 PM »
what about the samsung wep200 drom dansdeals
any comments

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 01:03:30 PM »
So I lost my Sony headset and am looking for a new one, which Jawbone (1, 2, or 3/prime) do people recommend?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.