Author Topic: How to get the real cheap rates at Enterprise!  (Read 76237 times)

Offline haggler

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
How to get the real cheap rates at Enterprise!
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:55:16 PM »
This past year I have been renting from Enterprise bi-weekly. Just wanted to share some tips with you.
The rates they qoute you are like gel. They can be moved and brought down very easily. Here are a few of them.

1.) If your not a frequent user of that particular location, tell them your car is in the shop. And your insurance company is paying you 20 dollars a day to rent a car. Since there are insurance rates, which are much cheaper. They will give it to you. They will ask for a claim number. You can tell them you misplaced it. This can work a bunch of times.

2.) Call them and tell them a nearby Dollar is offering a daily rate of e.g. 30 a day. Then ask them if they can match it.

3.) Any complaint you make on the car, can give you discounts. Because they have a customers satisfaction option, which will take off the rate that they give you. E.g. "The car had a horrible oil smell", "There was no washerfluid left", "The car was making loud noises". Basically tell them, you were horribly inconvenienced.

4.) Not officially, if you tell your rep you will send headqaurters a letter how well they took care of you, always helps.

Other tips

a) You can always get an upgrade for free, just ask nicely.

b) You can rent at the end of a day, and they can start the billing the next day for you. (only if its a 24hour billing, not an insurance rental which bills by day)

Good luck!!!

Offline Enterprise

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: How to get the real cheap rates at Enterprise!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 02:46:58 PM »
This past year I have been renting from Enterprise bi-weekly. Just wanted to share some tips with you.
The rates they qoute you are like gel. They can be moved and brought down very easily. Here are a few of them.

1.) If your not a frequent user of that particular location, tell them your car is in the shop. And your insurance company is paying you 20 dollars a day to rent a car. Since there are insurance rates, which are much cheaper. They will give it to you. They will ask for a claim number. You can tell them you misplaced it. This can work a bunch of times.

2.) Call them and tell them a nearby Dollar is offering a daily rate of e.g. 30 a day. Then ask them if they can match it.

3.) Any complaint you make on the car, can give you discounts. Because they have a customers satisfaction option, which will take off the rate that they give you. E.g. "The car had a horrible oil smell", "There was no washerfluid left", "The car was making loud noises". Basically tell them, you were horribly inconvenienced.

4.) Not officially, if you tell your rep you will send headqaurters a letter how well they took care of you, always helps.

Other tips

b) You can rent at the end of a day, and they can start the billing the next day for you. (only if its a 24hour billing, not an insurance rental which bills by day)

Good luck!!!

For anyone who is coming to New York either for a Simcha, or for any other reason and need to rent a car, below is the Chabad Corporate Number for Enterprise Rent a Car.

Corporate Account Number: 41M0174 Company: CHABAD

To Make a reservation online: Go to Enterprise.com Enter the account number in the last field of the home page. When asked to enter the first three letters of the account (PIN Number) it is the first three letters of the company (CHA).

OR click here http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?bid=002&cust=41M0174

The Enterprise Chabad Corporate offers the lowest rates for renting a car in New York as well Florida and California and any other state.

To Make a reservation by phone: (800) Rent-A-Car (800-736-8222)

Enterprise Offers:

* Friendly Service.
* Free Pick up and drop off to and from your home.
* Unlimited Mileage. (Montreal too)
* No Underage Fee for Drivers under 25.
* 3rd party Insurance, Up to State Minimum. (MFR)
* No Charge for Additional Drivers.
* Faster service, walk directly to the Corporate Account Express Line.

Offline D.S.

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 01:20:08 AM »
2 questions - Would your Chabad coporate work (as well) in N.J.? And is there any 'shaychs' you have to fake having, like being mployed by them or something?

Offline ash

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 01:28:49 AM »
nope u can use it everywhere
it would also help if you look like a rabbi

Offline rover771

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 03:04:25 AM »
anyone know the morristown yeshiva corporate number?
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Offline rover771

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 03:09:18 AM »
2 questions - Would your Chabad coporate work (as well) in N.J.? And is there any 'shaychs' you have to fake having, like being mployed by them or something?

i once called the enterprise near crown heights and they wanted some id proving that i work for chabad. but that was the only time it happened, i use this corporate all the time, all over the country no questions asked.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Offline Na Nach

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Flying Blue Silver, Avis Presidents, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, BMI Silver
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 03:26:02 AM »
If you get into an accident chas vishalom will you get messed up if there is an investigation?

Offline me

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »
If you get into an accident chas vishalom will you get messed up if there is an investigation?

No, the way the corporate is built is that anyonje who has a remote connection to Chabad can use it... Even if its your cousins friend sister buddy from this forum... As far as I know its ok even if you get into a accident

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 05:37:41 PM »
does any know if enterprise is ok with it

Offline Smirk

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 05:56:09 PM »
I have a corporate account setup wth avis and im not 21 when i went to israel earlier this year they said even if in the states they allow under 21 they dont there, does this make any sense?

Offline Na Nach

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Flying Blue Silver, Avis Presidents, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, BMI Silver
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 09:37:20 PM »
yes the only way they let you rent in israel with Avis  under 21 if you have a world card

Offline Smirk

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 11:29:25 PM »
how do you get one?

Offline nfsnyc

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 02:16:32 AM »
Ive been searching for AGES for a way to rent w/o ridiculous fees. Im 20 and have a NYS license, anyone know if the Enterprise on 4th Avenue (Brooklyn,NY) would rent to me at the supposed 42.99 Daily rate posted on the site (after CHABAD code)?

Is there a NYS resident fee? And under 21 is also acceptable? I happen to work next door to a Chabad center, so im 5 feet away from being a Chabad worker O:).

::EDIT::

One more thing, I only have a Debit card, no real credit card, I always charge things as "Credit" but I never got a real 100% credit card, would this suffice for the rental or its no good? It says "Visa" on it but its not really a CC..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 02:30:14 AM by nfsnyc »
**In an effort to contribute to this site, id like to invite anyone with any Cell Phone Unlocking (-GSM-) related questions to message me.*(Not an expert but have my share of knowledge on the subject.)**

Offline rover771

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 03:26:00 AM »
Ive been searching for AGES for a way to rent w/o ridiculous fees. Im 20 and have a NYS license, anyone know if the Enterprise on 4th Avenue (Brooklyn,NY) would rent to me at the supposed 42.99 Daily rate posted on the site (after CHABAD code)?

Is there a NYS resident fee? And under 21 is also acceptable? I happen to work next door to a Chabad center, so im 5 feet away from being a Chabad worker O:).

::EDIT::

One more thing, I only have a Debit card, no real credit card, I always charge things as "Credit" but I never got a real 100% credit card, would this suffice for the rental or its no good? It says "Visa" on it but its not really a CC..

i dont think that the chabad corporate works for under 21

Offline nfsnyc

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 03:32:04 AM »
Oh wow that stinks :(, can anyone confirm this?
**In an effort to contribute to this site, id like to invite anyone with any Cell Phone Unlocking (-GSM-) related questions to message me.*(Not an expert but have my share of knowledge on the subject.)**

Offline menachemm

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 09:56:27 AM »

Other tips

Good luck!!!

Since when are you allowed to lie to get deals?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:29:27 PM by Eli »

Offline nfsnyc

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 12:04:27 AM »
Old Topic, but BOTTOM LINE is there any way for a sub 21 year old to rent a car in brooklyn at a normal (<$60/daily) rate?

Offline Vrems

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 11:05:57 PM »
Enterprise at JFK has become really nasty lately when you mention the chabad corporate. they ask for proof of employment at chabad and if you know who opened the account and whats the "password" etc. he said its because people have been coming in and bringing back dented and dinged cars.

Offline D.S.

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 12:43:38 PM »
Nu, so what are the answers to those questions?  We might need them.

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 02:50:04 PM »
try avis with a corporate that allows rentals 18 and Up with no underage fee.