American announced that they are launching nonstop service from LGA to Akron/Canton and Memphis on 11/05 and from LGA to Jacksonville as of 12/17. The chart has been updated with the new flights and the new rates for flying in business and first class.
Akron/Canton (part of Cleveland CSA), has picked up 2 daily United flights to Newark and a daily American flight to LGA since Southwest announced they would be cutting flights from Akron/Canton to LGA (among other airports) in late October.
Originally posted on 08/12/13.
American Express is a DansDeals.com advertiser.
Rates in the following charts are currently only accurate for travel in coach:
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Montreal, Toronto, Denver, Detroit, Pittsburgh, S. Francisco, And 6 Ohio Airports
-Click to view 94 Direct Avios Flights From Baltimore/Washington DC
-Click to view 29 Direct Avios Flights From Boston
-Click to view 126 Direct Avios Flights From Chicago
-Click to view 196 Direct Avios Flights From Dallas
-Click to view 12 Direct Avios Flights From Johannesburg
-Click to view 77 Direct Avios Flights From Los Angeles
-Click to view 77 Direct Avios Flights From Miami
-Click to view 102 Direct Avios Flights From NYC
-Click to view 123 Direct Avios Flights From Philadelphia
–Find more articles like this by clicking on the “Mileage Posts” tab on top of the DansDeals banner at the top of this site.
Did you know that there are 102 places you can fly direct to from NYC with your BA Avios?
British Airways Avios can’t be beat for short-haul nonstop flights thanks to ultra-low award rates, no expedite/close-in fees, and dirt cheap award cancellations. Below are all of the direct flights from NYC that can be booked with Avios.
Be sure to read this post for everything you NEED to know about the BA program and how to best search for BA award availability with tips like always booking one-way awards. If you have a question it’s probably already been answered there!
1. Rates in the chart are for one-way flights. Generally speaking it’s a good idea to book BA flights as one-ways to give you maximum flexibility.
2. Rates are always given in Avios. There is always a 25% bonus for transferring increments of 20K Starwood Starpoints into Avios. That just means that if a route requires 25K Avios for example you will only need 20K Starpoints.
3. Routes that are displayed in bold are subject to fuel surcharges, which can vary from $25 (JFK-Vancouver on Cathay Pacific) to several hundred dollars each way.
4. There are no fuel surcharges for flights on: Aer Lingus, Air Berlin, Alaska, LAN, and TAM. There are also no fuel surcharges for American and USAirways flights within the western hemisphere, for JAL flights within Japan, and for Qantas flights within Australia. Fuel surcharges for intra-Europe flights are also typically quite low. Fuel surcharges for travel on Cathay Pacific aren’t too bad while fuel surcharges to fly on British Airways border on the criminal.
You can save on the fuel surcharges imposed on Iberia flights by transferring British Airways Avios into Iberia Avios.
5. In the charts below I’ve only included direct flights as BA charges Avios for each flight segment.
For example Tel Aviv isn’t on the chart as BA does not have any partners that fly nonstop from NYC to Tel Aviv. Though you can always fly to Tel Aviv via Berlin or Dusseldorf for 20K for the overseas segment and 10K for the Berlin/Dusseldorf-Tel Aviv segment with no fuel surcharges. It can help to search for NYC-Berlin or Dusseldorf and Berlin or Dusseldorf-Tel Aviv separately.
Maui isn’t on the chart as no airlines fly nonstop from NYC-Maui. Though you can always fly to Maui from Los Angeles, S. Diego, or Seattle, for 12.5K for the NYC-west coast segment and 12.5K for the West coast-Maui segment with no fuel surcharges. Plus you can stopover in the connecting city for as long or short as you want.
6. BA.com does not display availability for all airlines! If you want to book travel on airlines like Alaska, Aer Lingus, and LAN you’ll need to pick up the phone and call BA! You can search Alaska award availability on AA.com before calling BA to book it. You can search Aer Lingus availability on United.com before calling BA to book it.
7. In rare cases connecting flights can be cheaper than nonstop flights when using Avios and I’ve noted that in the chart.
8. Cities in the chart may only have seasonal nonstop service.
9. A dash means that class of service isn’t offered on that route.
10. While the Qantas flight from JFK to Sydney stops in Los Angeles it is considered a direct flight by BA as the flight number remains the same. Therefore they do charge Avios as if it is just 1 flight segment.
American Express is a DansDeals.com advertiser.
Want to pickup Avios? You’re in luck as you can transfer points from all over the place to BA.
-Chase Ultimate Rewards points are earned from consumer cards like Sapphire Preferred or Chase Freedom. They can also be earned on business cards like the Chase Ink Plus or Chase Ink Cash. These points also can transfer instantly 1:1 to Avios.
-The Chase British Airways Visa Signature offers 50,000 Avios for spending $2K. Until 08/31/15 the $95 annual fee is waived for the first year as well.
To signup you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.
-The Starwood Preferred Guest Consumer Card and the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card awards 25K signup points with the annual fee waived for the first year. 20K Starpoints can transfer into 25K Avios with the permanent 25% transfer bonus, however point transfers can take a couple of days.
The Everyday Preferred card earns more points per dollar for everyday purchases than any other card in its class. The Everyday card is the only no annual fee card that allows point transfers into airline miles.
You can also earn Membership Rewards points from consumer charge cards like the American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card and The Platinum Card® from American Express. Business charge cards include the Business Platinum Card and the Business Gold Rewards Card
Until 09/30 AMEX MR points normally transfer instantly at 1:1 to Avios but effective 10/01 the ratio from AMEX to Avios will become 250:200. AMEX has run transfer bonuses from 20%-50% at least annually since the launch of Avios in 2011.
View the complete 102 route chart after the jump: